Frozen Synapse Coming This Week – New Video
Mode 7 are ready to release Frozen Synapse later this week on the 26th May, after a long time in development they have finally decided to release the final version of the title. In their own words they have “been working on this bloody game for around four years and it’s high time we stopped.”
You can still pre-order direct from the developers here which will give you access to the final stages of the beta along with a free key for a friend. For a limited time after launch this free key for a friend offer will continue. You can even activate your key on Steam to get all the added benefits that comes with that plaform.
Mode 7 press releases are things of beauty, you can read their latest below along with their launch video and images.
Oxford, UK – 23/05/2011
Indie developers Mode 7 are finally ready to unleash their hotly anticipated double-hyphenated simultaneous-turn-based tactical opus Frozen Synapse this week.
The release date is Thursday the 26th of May.
“Behold,” shrieks Joint Managing Director Paul Taylor suddenly, leaping from his cupboard, his shrill, tense voice laden with adjectives, “a launch trailer!”
“We have been working on this bloody game for around four years and it’s high time we stopped,” adds Taylor.
His eyes, rheumy globes swollen with sadness, roll slowly downwards in their sullen sockets.
His tired hands open; bullet points clatter emptily to the floor…
– The ultimate tactical game on PC and Mac – classic squad-based strategy with a modern interface
– 5 challenging multiplayer modes including the innovative bidding-based “Secure” and “Hostage Rescue”
– 55-mission single player campaign with dynamic dialogue and intriguing near-future narrative
– Escort VIP’s, rescue hostages, infiltrate enemy installations, negotiate laser tripwires and partake in all manner of other tactical activities!
– All-powerful Skirmish Generator
– Integrated IRC chat as well as various community features
– Random generation combined with hand-crafted content means that levels and maps are different every time
– Critically-acclaimed electronica soundtrack by musician nervous_testpilot
– Facebook, Twitter and YouTube integration
– 15 Steam Achievements, including one for beating Mode 7’s Level Designer Robin in a match
If you have a legacy occipital lobe and are incapable of viewing multiple images in rapid succession, Mode 7 have provided these static frames so that you feel included…
That release date again: Thursday the 26th of May.
Frozen Synapse will be available to buy direct from Frozen Synapse as well as all good digital download stores, including Steam.
It can currently be pre-ordered until Thursday with immediate access to the final beta only from Frozen Synapse
After launch, anyone buying the game will still receive a free key for a friend – we have found this worked great during the pre-order and so will be continuing it as an effort to keep growing our brilliant community. This is likely to be for a limited time only.
Any customers who buy the game direct from Mode 7 will receive a key to activate the game on Steam; their nominated friend will get one too. There’s no need to buy the game on Steam again to reap any Steamy benefits.