Left 4 Dead Survival Pack Arrives
The Survival Pack for Left 4 Dead has, after months of waiting, been released. If you haven’t downloaded it already, then boot up Steam and start updating Left 4 Dead so you can get in on the action.
One of the main features of the Survival Pack is the new game mode dubbed, suprisingly Survival Mode. This features 16 new maps, new leaderboards and 7 new achievements. Additionally the final two co-op campaigns have been brought into the world of Versus. The full update list is quite extensive, so check it out below:
* New gameplay Mode
* 16 maps including Last Stand
* 7 new achievements
* 2 new versus campaigns
* Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed
* Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated
* Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor
* Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer
* Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key
* Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale
* Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time
* Removed convars related to melee fatigue
* Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map
* Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats
* Add a message when queuing a heartbeat
* Simplified setting of game mode
* Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode
* Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]
* Added lobby join and leave messages
If you have had the pleasure of surviving the new world of Left 4 Dead then feel free to share your thoughts on it in the comments.
10 thoughts on “Left 4 Dead Survival Pack Arrives”
It’s pretty awesome, but what’s up with the tank spammage? I’ve only played a bit, and I’ve already see 5 tanks alive at the same time.
Managed to last 5 minutes on the new map, can’t believe how tough it is.
I’ve only gotten to almost 6 minutes, it’s reallly tough, but pretty awesome.
I have been playing it a bit the past couple of days and I must say I am really enjoying it. I only have a problem with it when you end up with an AI character *glares at Bill* or when you don’t get your achievements *looks at Steam for failing to recognise my Gold tonight*
Had some really good games with a wide variety of people ranging from my mate in Cardiff and some people he knows, Jim and Alec from RPS with someone else who I can’t remember, and Phill, Greg and Yarisse. To be able to really enjoy a game mode of L4D with such a diversity of people really shows me how good Survival Mode is. Often I find it a struggle to adapt to playing with such a variety of people in L4D, but everything fell into place nicely this time.
More thoughts may come soon.
I’d certainly be enjoying it a lot more if the matchmaking system could ever find a server…
Woo, Ev mentioned me. I’m famous :D
God it really is awful, that is a major problem I am having with the game right now, when you can’t find a server after 30 seconds of searching, then you know something isn’t quite right with the system. They should bring back the classic server browser as something you can use without having to go through the console. I would have played so much more if it wasn’t for that.
Managed 11 minutes last night. Yessssss! Love survival mode, it’s just a pain in the arse setting everything up for someone to get incapped and set on fire in the first 30 seconds because they are a COMPLETE IDIOT WHO DOESN’T LISTEN TO THE VERY SIMPLE PLAN OF STAY IN THE FUCKING BUILDING! *pant* *pant* *sigh*
Calm down, calm down! That is a key thing to Survival, staying calm when under pressure. Once you get to the point where two tanks are barging in at the same time then it takes a strong person to stand up and fight.
Yeah, when 2 tanks are approaching I’m all for running – but that doesn’t happen in the first 30 seconds after extensive planning of “so we hold this room”